Very easy . Ours may have turned out a bit spicier than the recipe? -- we bought hot mango chutney & Prudhomme's seasoning blend. Made the salad dressing and let sit for an hour or so. Thunderstorms killed grilling outside, so used the Foreman instead, doing the pineapple first, a quick wipe clean, and then the scallops. Shellfish came out perfect at 3min. Gorgeous on the plate & great flavors. Started with small portions of Thomas Keller's gazpacho. Very good summer supper.
Caribbean Grilled Scallop Salad
Add grilled sea scallops to a bed of Boston lettuce and fresh fruit and toss with a zesty homemade dressing for a dinner salad that's ready in about 15 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 264
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 30.8g
- Carbohydrate: 22.8g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 559mg
- Calcium: 101mg
- 12 large sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons fish rub, divided (such as Emeril's)
- Cooking spray
- 5 (1/2-inch) slices fresh pineapple
- 4 cups gourmet salad greens or mixed salad greens
- 4 cups torn Boston lettuce (about 2 small heads)
- 1/3 cup diced peeled avocado
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Prepare grill to high heat.
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons fish rub evenly over scallops. Coat scallops with cooking spray. Place scallops on grill rack; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops. Add pineapple to grill rack; grill 2 minutes on each side. Remove pineapple from grill; chop pineapple.
- Combine salad greens, lettuce, pineapple, and avocado in a large bowl.
- Chop large pieces of chutney. Combine chutney, lime juice, olive oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon fish rub in a small bowl. Add dressing to salad, and toss well. Place 1 1/2 cups salad into each of 4 bowls. Arrange 3 scallops over each salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes