Caribbean Fish Soup
Recipe from Harris Teeter's Fresh Catch Newsletter
Refrigerate: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) fresh yellowfin tuna
- 1 juiced lime
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoon(s) sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 each orange and red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2/3 cup(s) dry white wine
- 3 cup(s) fish stock
- 1 teaspoon(s) light brown sugar
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cut tuna in 1 inch pieces and place in a glass dish.
- 2. Add the lime juice, chili pepper and garlic and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3. Heat oil in a large saucepan to medium high. Sauté the onions and peppers for 5 minutes. Stir in the wine, fish stock and brown sugar and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4. Stir in tomatoes, mango and the tuna with the marinade. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note