Yummy! I loved the crab cakes so much, that I have made them individually as snacks and appetizers. I also use imitation crabmeat and my family loves them.
Caribbean Crab Cakes Benedict
Howard L. Puckett
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 3 saltine crackers
- 3 (1-ounce) slices French bread, torn
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 6 large eggs, poached
- Caribbean Hollandaise Sauce
- Cracked black pepper
- Garnish: diced red bell pepper
- Place crackers in a blender or food processor; process until finely ground. Place bread in blender or food processor; process until finely ground.
- Combine crabmeat, mayonnaise, cracker crumbs, breadcrumbs, egg white, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Shape crab mixture into 6 (4-inch) patties. Cook crab cakes, in batches, in hot oil and melted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Place avocado slices and poached eggs on crab cakes, and top with Caribbean Hollandaise Sauce and pepper. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This