- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toppings: diced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Sauté onion and next 4 ingredients in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender and fragrant. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute.
Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients until well blended. Stir in chicken. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 2 hours. Shred chicken with two forks in Dutch oven. Add black beans, and cook 10 more minutes. Stir in salt. Serve with desired toppings.
Note: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days, or freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator. When reheating, add water or canned broth to reach desired consistency.