Caribbean Bananas Flambé with Pineapple Curd over Frozen Yogurt
Photo: Jan Smith
Make the curd and freeze scoops of frozen yogurt in advance; sauté bananas just before serving.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 312
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 57.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 99mg
- Calcium: 122mg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe unpeeled bananas
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 cups vanilla fat-free frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Curd
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Peel bananas; cut each in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 4 pieces. Brush bananas with juice; dredge in brown sugar mixture.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add bananas. Cook 2 minutes, turning bananas after 1 minute. Remove from heat; pour rum into one side of pan. Ignite rum with a long match; let flames die down.
- Spoon 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt into each of 4 dessert dishes; top each with 4 banana pieces and 2 tablespoons Pineapple Curd. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note