We love this recipe! We've been making it multiple times per year during the autumn and winter since it first came out. We cut down the sugar a bit and add a few more dried cherries (or cranberries), as we tend to put ice cream on top, and it is a bit too sweet. We much prefer it to apple crisp.
Cardamom-Scented Oatmeal-Pear Crisp
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 236
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 85mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons chilled stick margarine, cut into small pieces
- 6 cups (1-inch) pieces ripe peeled Bartlett pears (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients; cut in margarine with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Set aside.
- Combine pears, cranberries, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and cardamom in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; toss well. Sprinkle with oats mixture. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until pears are tender. Serve warm with vanilla frozen yogurt, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cardamom-Scented Oatmeal-Pear Crisp Recipe at a Glance