- 3/4 cup drained and rinsed low-sodium cannellini beans from a 15-ounce can
- 2 cloves roasted garlic (such as Christopher Ranch brand)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices thin whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 8 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 8 slices turkey bacon, cooked according to directions and drained
- calories 412
- fat 18 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 10 g
- polyfat 4 g
- cholesterol 14 mg
- protein 16 g
- carbohydrate 47 g
- sugars 5 g
- fiber 12 g
- sodium 572 mg
How to Make It
Mash beans, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper with a fork and reserve.
Arrange 4 slices bread on a work surface. Spread 3 tablespoons white-bean mixture on each slice of bread.
Top with 2 slices lettuce and 2 tomato slices.
Layer another slice of bread on each sandwich and top with each with 4 slices avocado and 2 slices turkey bacon. Top with last piece of bread.
Slice sandwiches in half diagonally, and secure with toothpicks.