Caraway Potato Soup
Warm up a meal of Roast Beef Poor Boys with steaming bowls of this hearty potato soup.
Yield: 2 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 170
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 7.8g
- Carbohydrate: 29.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 550mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2/3 pound round red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Add milk and margarine, stirring until margarine melts.
- Transfer half of potato mixture to container of an electric blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Return pureed mixture to saucepan; add caraway seeds. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note