- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pounds russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- calories 315
- caloriesfromfat 40 %
- protein 14 g
- fat 14 g
- satfat 6.9 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- sodium 642 mg
- cholesterol 31 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, stir together salt and pepper. Arrange one-third of potato slices in bottom of a buttered 9- by 13-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper mixture. Top with half the bacon, 1/2 cup cheese, and 1 tsp. caraway seeds. Repeat layering.
Arrange remaining third of potato slices on top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper mixture, 1/2 cup cheese, and 1 tsp. caraway seeds. Dot with butter, cover with foil, and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until golden brown on top and cooked through, about 40 minutes.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.