For the cookies i used this recipe: Instead of caramelizing 1/2 cup of sugar i used 1 cup of sugar because this recipe will yield at least double the amount of cookies as the one on this site. Just use my recipe and mix the caramelized sugar in before rolling into ball Ingredients * 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour * 1 teaspoon baking soda * 1/2 teaspoon baking powder * 1 cup butter, softened * 1 1/2 cups white sugar * 1 egg * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Directions 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside 2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto un greased cookie sheets 3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire rack yields:3 dozen You wont be disappointed!
Notes: Store these caramel cookies airtight for up to 2 days.
Yield: Makes about 55 cookies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 50
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 33mg
- Cholesterol: 7.4mg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (3/8 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. Butter a 12- by 14-inch piece of foil and set on a baking sheet. In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, melt 1/2 cup sugar, frequently shaking and tilting pan. When mixture is a light caramel color (in about 6 minutes), pour onto foil. Let stand until caramel is hard, about 5 minutes. Break into chunks, then, in a food processor or a heavy plastic food bag with a mallet, crush into 1/8- to 1/4-inch pieces.
- 2. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and remaining 1/2 cup sugar until well blended. Beat in 2 tablespoons water and the vanilla until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- 3. In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in crushed caramel.
- 4. Drop dough in 1 1/2-teaspoon portions, 2 inches apart, onto buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 5. Bake cookies in a 325° oven until edges are light brown, 12 to 15 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
- 6. Let stand on sheets until slightly firm, 1 to 2 minutes, then use a spatula to transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This