Made it for thanksgiving and it was a hit.
Caramelized Spicy Green Beans
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
- 1 pound fresh haricots verts (tiny green beans)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium-size sweet onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cook haricots verts in boiling salted water to cover 1 minute; drain. Plunge green beans into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain well, pressing between paper towels. Stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, and dried crushed red pepper. Sauté bell pepper, onion, and green beans in hot peanut oil in a large skillet over high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until beans look blistered. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Remove from heat; add soy sauce mixture to green bean mixture, and stir to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables