Caramelized Shallot, Capicola and Fontina Frittata
Prep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Bake at 350 for 10 min Nutrition Facts Per Serving: cal.(kcal)336; Fat, total(g)25; chol.(mg)383; sat. fat(g)13; carb.(g)4; pro.(g)23; sodium(mg)638
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 piece(s) large shallots finely sliced
- 2 ounce(s) capicola ham, sliced into ribbons
- 6 whole(s) eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 6 ounce(s) Fontina cheese, cut into cubes
- Basic for garnish (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Melt butter in a 10-inch oven-proof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add capicola and cook for 1 minute.
- 3. Whisk together eggs, milk, pepper and nutmeg; stir in 4 oz of the cheese and pour into skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring once after 2 minutes.
- 4. Place skillet in oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Scatter remaining 2 oz cheese on top and bake an additional 5 minutes until frittata is set.
- 5. To serve, gently slide frittata onto a serving plate and garnish with basil, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DebbieHaguewood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramelized Shallot, Capicola and Fontina Frittata Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes