Served as part of my Thanksgiving dinner. This was a refeshing addition our holiday meal.
Caramelized Rosemary Pears
These pears aren't too sweet, and have subtle notes of black pepper and rosemary. Prep and Cook Time: 40 minutes.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 118
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 0.6g
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Sodium: 121mg
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for buttering pan
- 5 Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig (6 in.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a baking pan and spread pear wedges on it in one layer. Bake until tender when pierced with a fork, 25 minutes. Let pears cool, cover with plastic wrap, and chill overnight.
- 2. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, melt 2 tbsp. butter. Add pears, rosemary, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pears are brown and caramelized, 15 minutes. Stir in pepper and remove rosemary sprig. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This