Caramelized Red Onion, Rosemary, and Asiago Focaccia
Impress company with this easy, colorful bread. Coarse kosher salt adds a nice contrast to the chewy texture, but a light sprinkle of regular table salt is fine.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 2 Minutes
- Calories: 175
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 25.4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 374mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Asiago cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook an additional 15 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from heat.
- 3. Unroll dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Pat dough into a 14 x 10-inch rectangle. Spread remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over dough; sprinkle evenly with rosemary, pepper, and salt. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes.
- 4. Sprinkle onion and cheese evenly over crust. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown and cheese melts. Cool on a wire rack 2 minutes; cut into 8 equal pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note