Caramelized Red Onion and Fig Pizza
Yield: Yield: 10-inch pizza (serving size: 1/8 of pizza)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 287
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 508mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 4 ounces mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup dried Mission figs, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Preheat oven to 500°F. Place a pizza stone or baking sheet in oven.
- 2. In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 12 minutes. Add vinegar, salt and pepper; stir and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3. Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to a 10-inch diameter. Remove top sheet of parchment and cover dough evenly with both cheeses, figs, walnuts, half the onions and oregano.
- 4. Reduce oven to 450°F and transfer pizza (on parchment) to pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake until cheese is golden and crust is crisp, about 12 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into 8 wedges and serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note