- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 4 ounces mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup dried Mission figs, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- calories 287
- fat 13 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 9 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 20 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 508 mg
- calcium 70 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 500°F. Place a pizza stone or baking sheet in oven.
In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 12 minutes. Add vinegar, salt and pepper; stir and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to a 10-inch diameter. Remove top sheet of parchment and cover dough evenly with both cheeses, figs, walnuts, half the onions and oregano.
Reduce oven to 450°F and transfer pizza (on parchment) to pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake until cheese is golden and crust is crisp, about 12 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into 8 wedges and serving.