Caramelized Pork with Melon
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) hoisin sauce
- 4 center cut pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- shredded Napa cabbage
- 1. Remove rind and seed from the cantaloupe; chop. Place 2 cups chopped melon in a food processor or blender; add orange juice and process until smooth. Transfer 1/2 cup of the pureed melon to a small mixing bowl; add hoisin. Strain remaining puree and reserve the juice and discarding solids.
- 2. Sprinkle pork lightly with salt and pepper; brush generously with the hoisin mixture. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a 12-inch skillet. Add chops to skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until well browned and only a trace of pink remains (160 degrees F).
- 3. Meanwhile combine remaining chopped melon, strained juice, and green onions. Remove chops from skillet; add remaining sauce mixture to skillet. Cook and stir until heated through. Spoon onto serving plates. Top each with a chop. Add melon mixture to skillet to warm slightly. Serve over chops with shredded Napa cabbage. Makes 4 servings.
- nutrition facts Calories327 Total Fat (g)10 Carbohydrate (g)19, Protein (g)39
This recipe is a personal recipe added by margow2108 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramelized Pork with Melon Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes