Caramelized Pineapple Sundaes with Coconut
Photo: © Matthew Hranek
- 1 2-pound pineapplepeeled, cored and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 1/2 pints fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Light a grill. Brush the pineapple rings with the vegetable oil. Grill over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until the pineapple is lightly charred and softened, about 8 minutes. Transfer the rings to a work surface and cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium skillet, toast the coconut over moderate heat until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Scoop the yogurt into sundae glasses or bowls. Top with the grilled pineapple, sprinkle with the coconut, garnish with the mint sprigs and serve right away.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts