Caramelized Pear Upside Down Cake
- 6 T butter (3/4 stick)
- 3/4 cup golden brown sugar
- 2 1/4 lbs bosc or other pears about 5--peeled, quartered & cored
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 3 T minced crystallized ginger
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup grated pear
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in 10 inch oven proof skillet over low heat. Remove from heat and sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange pears in a flower over sugar mixture, cutting some pieces to fit center.
- Whisk together flour, gingers, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl to blend. Whisk eggs, oil. vanilla, and orange peel in a large bowl. Mix in grated pears. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture. Carefully pour into skillet and bake for 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes but serve warm with cream or cool whip or ice cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChefMo3001 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramelized Pear Upside Down Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts