Ehhh...this was really just okay. I made this because of the high reviews but just found the flavor profile to be very uninteresting. With so many other fantastic recipes out there, I doubt I would try this again.
Caramelized Pear and Sage Crostini
Sweet pears and sharp blue cheese create an exciting yet homey appetizer. Serve them with sparkling wine, or a slightly sweet white wine. Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes. Notes: Baguette slices can be toasted up to 1 day ahead and kept in an airtight container until ready to use.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 90
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 217mg
- Cholesterol: 9.3mg
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 ripe Bartlett pears, cored, peeled, and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 white or whole-wheat baguette
- 6 sage leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled mild blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Melt 3 tbsp. butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add pears and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pears are soft, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut baguette into 16 slices (1/4 in. thick; see Notes). Spread slices with remaining 1 tbsp. butter and arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake slices until well toasted, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3. When pears are soft, stir in sage and remove from heat. Top toasted baguette slices with pear mixture and blue cheese. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve warm.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per crostino.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This