Caramelized Peach Soup
Yield: Makes 3 1/2 cups
More From Southern Living
Total: 5 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 3 large fresh, ripe peaches, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Parchment paper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Toss together first 3 ingredients. Place peaches, cut sides down, on a parchment paper-lined jelly-roll pan. Bake 25 minutes or until juices begin to caramelize, turning after 15 minutes.
- 2. Transfer peaches and juices to a food processor; cool completely (about 30 minutes). Add orange juice, cinnamon, and salt; process until smooth. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and chill 4 hours.
- 3. Combine crème fraîche and vanilla bean paste. Ladle soup into bowls; dollop with crème fraîche mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews