Great burger-but the toppings take a lot of time.
Time: 30 minutes. Chef Tyler Florence piles these onions on his Ultimate Burgers. Use them for any protein that comes out of your kitchen--they're multipurpose and delicious. This recipe is an adaptation of one in Tyler's Ultimate (Clarkson Potter, 2006; $35).
This recipe goes with Ultimate Burgers
More From Sunset
- Calories: 77
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Protein: 0.7g
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 148mg
- Cholesterol: 7.8mg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, halved and cut into 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt butter with oil. Add onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until well caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-tbsp. serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note