Yum! I thought these were easy to make, and OMG, quite a crowd pleaser. They emptied the onion tart tray first! I made the tartlets ahead and frozen them right on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Popped them into the oven frozen, and they baked off perfectly.
Caramelized Onion Tartlets
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 179
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 15.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 153mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 small yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes; stir occasionally. Add vinegar.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 3. Unfold dough, and place on a work surface lightly dusted with flour. Roll into a 10 x 9-inch rectangle. Cut dough into 20 (2 1/4 x 2-inch) rectangles. Score each rectangle about 1/8-inch from edge. Prick dough pieces liberally with a fork. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; chill 10 minutes.
- 4. Sprinkle about 3/4 teaspoon cheese over each tartlet; top with about 1 tablespoon onion mixture. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until dough is lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers