1. Preheat oven to 400. Coast a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl combine goat cheese, lemon peel, and thyme. Mix well, set aside.
3. On a lightly floured surface, rl out pastry sheet to 16 x 10 inches; transfer to a baking sheet. With a knife, score an edge around the pastry, about 1 inch from the edge (do not cur through the dough). Using a fork, prick the dough all over, within the the 1 inch edge. Bake 13 to 15 min until slightly golden; place on a wire cooling rack.
4. Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add oil, onions, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown - 15 -20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
5. Place small spoonfuls of the goat cheese mixture on the crust within the edge. Sprinkle with half the Emmi Cave-Aged Kaltbach Le Gruyrtr. Top with onions and sprinkle with remaining Gruyere. Bake 10 minutes or until the cheese is melts. Let cool 5 min before slicing
Serves 12 as an appetizer or 4 to 6 as a meal
Go to full version of