Caramelized onion tart with gruyere and goat cheese
Community Recipe from
- 3 ounce(s) goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon peel grated
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1 package(s) sheet frozen puff pastry thaw according to directions
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin oil
- 1 medium yellow onion halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 ounce(s) Le Gruyere cheese - Emmi-Cave Aged Katbach shredded, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 400. Coast a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl combine goat cheese, lemon peel, and thyme. Mix well, set aside.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, rl out pastry sheet to 16 x 10 inches; transfer to a baking sheet. With a knife, score an edge around the pastry, about 1 inch from the edge (do not cur through the dough). Using a fork, prick the dough all over, within the the 1 inch edge. Bake 13 to 15 min until slightly golden; place on a wire cooling rack.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add oil, onions, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown - 15 -20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- 5. Place small spoonfuls of the goat cheese mixture on the crust within the edge. Sprinkle with half the Emmi Cave-Aged Kaltbach Le Gruyrtr. Top with onions and sprinkle with remaining Gruyere. Bake 10 minutes or until the cheese is melts. Let cool 5 min before slicing
- Serves 12 as an appetizer or 4 to 6 as a meal
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LongBeachLiz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramelized onion tart with gruyere and goat cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers