Caramelized Onion Tart with Swiss & Bacon
More From ALDI
- 6 slices Grandessa Signature Center Cut Bacon, chopped
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 Bake House creations Pie Crust
- 1 tablespoon Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
- 8 ounces Happy Farms Swiss Cheese Block, grated
- 2 tablespoons Priano Romano Shredded Cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. In a medium frying pan, sauté bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve. Add onions and cook until caramelized in appearance. Reserve.
- 3. Combine the vegetable oil and melted butter in a small bowl. Roll out the pie crust onto a baking sheet and brush on half of the butter mixture.
- 4. Sprinkle the pie crust with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- 5. Spread Swiss cheese evenly over the crust, leaving a 3" border. Top with the chopped bacon and onions.
- 6. Fold the border over the filling to form a rustic edge.
- 7. Brush sides with remaining oil and butter, then sprinkle whole tart with 2 tablespoons Romano cheese.
- 8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramelized Onion Tart with Swiss & Bacon Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes