1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In a medium frying pan, sauté bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve. Add onions and cook until caramelized in appearance. Reserve.
3. Combine the vegetable oil and melted butter in a small bowl. Roll out the pie crust onto a baking sheet and brush on half of the butter mixture.
4. Sprinkle the pie crust with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
5. Spread Swiss cheese evenly over the crust, leaving a 3" border. Top with the chopped bacon and onions.
6. Fold the border over the filling to form a rustic edge.
7. Brush sides with remaining oil and butter, then sprinkle whole tart with 2 tablespoons Romano cheese.
8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.