A hot pan and oven temp get popovers off to a high-rising start; lowering the temp midway through baking helps prevent an out-of-the-oven collapse.
Southern Living MAY 2013
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Heat a 12-cup muffin pan in oven 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, process first 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor 20 to 30 seconds or until smooth. Stir in cheese and next 2 ingredients.
3. Remove pan from oven; pour 1/2 tsp. oil into each of 8 muffin cups, filling center 6 cups and middle cup on each end. Heat in oven 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Divide batter among oiled muffin cups; return to oven immediately.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned around edges. Reduce oven temperature to 350°; bake 10 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
5. Transfer to a wire rack; cool 3 to 4 minutes before serving.
Go to full version of