Used 2- 9 inch frozen pie shells. Yummy!!!
Caramelized-Onion, Spinach, and Bacon Quiche
This ultra-savory recipe calls for a pizza crust instead of the traditional flaky pastry crust. Simply roll out the dough and place it in a pie pan, then top with a mixture of sweet, caramelized onions, salty Canadian bacon, and chopped spinach. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and you've got a quiche and pizza all in one.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 261
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 12.6g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 607mg
- Calcium: 244mg
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup Caramelized Onions (about 3 cups uncooked)
- 1/3 cup chopped Canadian bacon
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Shape the dough into a 4-inch circle; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Roll the dough into an 11-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Fit the dough into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray, and flute.
- Combine the spinach, sour cream, and shallots in a small bowl. Combine the evaporated milk, salt, pepper, egg whites, and egg in a medium bowl, and stir well with a whisk. Stir 1/3 cup milk mixture into spinach mixture. Spoon the spinach mixture into bottom of prepared crust. Add Caramelized Onions, and top with bacon and cheese. Pour the remaining milk mixture over cheese. Place pie plate on a baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set. Let quiche stand 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note