Caramelized Onion Soup with Golden Raisin Pesto
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- olive oil, as needed
- 1 whole(s) large onion thinly sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 4 whole(s) large ripe tomatoes (or 28 oz whole tomatoes) cored, peeled and diced
- 1 quart(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 bunch(es) cilantro
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts
- 1 cup(s) golden raisins
- cilantro leaves and golden raisins for garnish
- Caramelized Onion Soup
- 1. In saute pan, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil until almost smoking.
- 2. Add onions and cook until caramelized, stirring constantly.
- 3. Stir in garlic and tomatoes, stirring all the while; cook about 5 minutes.
- 4. Add broth; bring to boil and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- 5. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Golden Raisin Pesto
- 1. In blender or food processor, combine cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil as needed, pine nuts and raisins.
- 2. Pulse until well blended and smooth.
- 3. Salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, divide and ladle into bowls. Garnish with a dollop of pesto, fresh cilantro leaves and whole raisins.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramelized Onion Soup with Golden Raisin Pesto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews