Caramelized Onion Soup With Goat Cheese-and-Chive Croutons
- 6 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup MAZOLA Canola Oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 8 cups water
- 3 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- Goat Cheese-and-Chive Croutons
- Garnish: fresh chives
- Cook onion in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes or until onion is caramel colored. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Stir in 8 cups water. Bring to a boil; stir in bouillon granules, pepper, thyme, and, if desired, sherry. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls, and top with Goat Cheese-and-Chive Croutons. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This