Caramelized Onion Soup
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter or margarine
- 2 large Vidalia onions, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a 8-quart stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and sugar, and cook, stirring constantly, 20 to 25 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute. Stir in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk and whipping cream, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Whisk together egg yolks in a small bowl until blended. Gradually add 3 tablespoons hot mixture, whisking constantly. Stir yolk mixture into remaining hot mixture. Stir in chopped fresh parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews