Caramelized Onion, Saga, and Sage Bread Pudding
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 12.3g
- Carbohydrate: 34.3g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 679mg
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Calcium: 192mg
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 (4-ounce) package Saga blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups (3/4-inch) cubed French bread (about 14 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced onion (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- . Combine milk and cheese in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in egg substitute and next 3 ingredients. Add bread cubes; toss gently to coat. Let stand 30 minutes.
- . While bread mixture stands, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 25 minutes or until soft and lightly browned. Stir into bread mixture.
- . Spoon bread mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 42 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note