Caramelized Onion and Roasted Pepper Frittata
Prep: 8 minutes; Cook: 33 minutes
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 147mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 332mg
- Calcium: 106mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced sweet or white onion
- 4 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced bottled roasted yellow and red bell peppers
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 15 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- 3. Combine eggs, egg whites, cheese, milk, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 4. Pour egg mixture into skillet with onion; stir to evenly distribute eggs. Top with bell pepper in a bicycle-spoke pattern. Cook 2 minutes or until edges begin to set. Wrap handle of skillet with foil; transfer to oven.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until frittata is set. Cut into 6 wedges.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 3g.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note