Caramelized Onion Rice
This has a flavor similar to an herbed risotto, but the texture is fluffy.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 32.2g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 532mg
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Calcium: 39mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add onion. Cook 20 to 22 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- . Add 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme and next 3 ingredients to onion; bring to a boil. Add rice. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 18 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- . Remove from heat, and fluff rice with a fork. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme and Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables