- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 166
- fat 1.9 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- protein 4.6 g
- carbohydrate 32.2 g
- cholesterol 2 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 532 mg
- caloriesfromfat 10 %
- fiber 1.1 g
- calcium 39 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add onion. Cook 20 to 22 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently.
. Add 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme and next 3 ingredients to onion; bring to a boil. Add rice. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 18 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
. Remove from heat, and fluff rice with a fork. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme and Parmesan cheese.