Caramelized Onion Relish
Red onion and orange zest make this a beautiful topping for almost any hors d'oeuvre. Make the relish up to a week in advance, and chill, covered; extras are great on sandwiches or with grilled steak.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion is soft and translucent.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes more. (Onion will turn a red, translucent, almost candied color, and most of the liquid will evaporate.) Serve warm, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to a week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note