FANTASTIC!! I did use my own dough recipe (bread machine). Other than that, followed recipe as written. Recently served while in-laws visiting and all agreed it had excellent flavor. We love home-made pizza and will definitely be making this again.
Caramelized Onion and Prosciutto Pizza
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 294
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Carbohydrate: 27.3g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 726mg
- Calcium: 290mg
- 1 (8-ounce) ball Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 8 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1. Place Pizza Dough on a large sheet of parchment paper. Cover with a damp towel; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 500°.
- 3. While dough rises, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with sugar and salt. Continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 4. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on parchment paper. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Slide dough and parchment paper onto a large baking sheet. Place on bottom rack in oven. Bake at 500° for 5 minutes.
- 5. Spoon Pizza Sauce onto crust, spreading to rim. Top with prosciutto, cheese, and onion. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
- Note: If using refrigerated Pizza Dough, let dough rise as directed in step 1 for 1 hour. Proceed as directed in recipe.
- Kids Can Help: Older kids can help stir the onions while they caramelize, and then everyone can top their own pizzas with the sauce, prosciutto, onions, and cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes