Wonderful! Fabulous combination of flavors. This reminded me that caramelized onions go great on anything and are low cal. A large salad is the perfect accompaniment.
Caramelized Onion Pizza with Gorgonzola and Arugula
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 449
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 14.8g
- Carbohydrate: 73.8g
- Fiber: 10.1g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 944mg
- Calcium: 172mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 cups thinly sliced onion (about 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 recipe Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola, blue cheese, or feta
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup trimmed arugula
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in 1 teaspoon rosemary, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes or until onion is a deep golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Top with onion. Bake at 500° for 10 minutes. Add cheese and walnuts; bake an additional 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; top with 1 teaspoon rosemary and arugula. Cut the pizza into 4 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramelized Onion Pizza with Gorgonzola and Arugula Recipe at a Glance