I liked this a lot and it was easy to make. I used a whole wheat thin crust but will try to find the suggested crust next time.
Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza
Randy Mayor; Jen Rotenstreich
Sweet onions, salty sun-dried tomatoes, and tangy crumbled goat cheese give this healthier pizza a tasty depth of flavor.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 285
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 11.6g
- Carbohydrate: 38.4g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 577mg
- Calcium: 238mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion, separated into rings (about 1 onion)
- 1 (1-pound) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1/2 cup bottled pizza sauce (such as Contadina)
- 1/4 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 2/3 cup (3 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover and cook for 11 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet. Combine the sauce and tomatoes. Spread sauce mixture over pizza crust. Top with onion and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with basil. Cut into 6 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This