Caramelized Onion & Garlic Pasta
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 2 whole(s) large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil, divided
- 1 package(s) 16 oz. uncooked angel hair pasta
- 9 strip(s) bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add the onions, pepper flakes and salt; saute until onions are tender. Stir in garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until the onions are deep golden brown.
- 2. Add the grape tomatoes, vinegar and 2 tbsp. oil to the skillet. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; toss with onion mixture.
- 3. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with bacon, Parmesan cheese and pepper, and heat through. Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramelized Onion & Garlic Pasta Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes