Great use of kale. Just 2 of us so there were plenty of leftovers ... fine by me, it's great cold. Perfect for brown bagging it or to share at a potluck.
Tuscan Kale, Olive, and Caramelized Onion Frittata
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 246
- Calories from fat: 60%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Carbohydrate: 9.6g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 547mg
- Cholesterol: 292mg
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces Tuscan kale (also called Lacinato and dinosaur), stems removed and leaves chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 oil-cured black olives, pitted and slivered
- Red chile flakes (optional)
- 1. Preheat broiler with a rack set 3 to 4 in. from heat. In an ovenproof frying pan, cook onion and mushrooms in oil over medium-high heat, stirring often, until browned, 8 to 12 minutes. Add kale and 1/4 cup water; cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted and tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk eggs. Add 1/2 cup cheese, the salt, pepper, and olives.
- 3. Reduce kale pan's heat to medium; level veggies. Pour in eggs, spreading out olives. Cook until frittata sides look set (top will be wet), 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle on 1/2 cup parmesan. Broil until lightly browned and firm, 3 minutes. Sprinkle with chile flakes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes