My family enjoyed this, however I thought it needed a bit more flavor and a little less salt. Next time I will reduce the salt and double the onions, maybe add sesame seed and garlic powder. I used Pilsbury whole wheat canned pizza dough and 3/4 t Kosher salt.
Caramelized Onion Flatbread
Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound bakery pizza dough
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Sauté onion in 1 Tbsp. hot oil over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Press dough into a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan, pressing to about 1/4-inch thickness. Press handle of a wooden spoon into dough to make indentations at 1-inch intervals; drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, and sprinkle with salt, rosemary, and caramelized onions.
- 3. Bake at 425° on lowest oven rack 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Kitchen Express: Substitute 1 (13.8-oz.) can refrigerated pizza crust dough for bakery pizza dough. Reduce salt to 3/4 tsp. Reduce bake time to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads