Caramelized Onion and Fennel Crostini
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 229mg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, halved, cored, and sliced crosswise 1/8-inch thick, fronds reserved
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1 baguette, cut on the bias into 24 thin slices
- 1. Melt butter with 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add fennel and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Pour in wine, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and soft, 8 to 10 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush both sides of baguette slices with remaining 3 Tbsp. olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until edges are golden, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- 3. Spoon 1 generous Tbsp. of topping onto each toasted baguette slice. Garnish with reserved fennel fronds, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine