Caramelized Onion and Fennel Crostini
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 229mg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, halved, cored, and sliced crosswise 1/8-inch thick, fronds reserved
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1 baguette, cut on the bias into 24 thin slices
- 1. Melt butter with 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add fennel and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Pour in wine, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and soft, 8 to 10 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush both sides of baguette slices with remaining 3 Tbsp. olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until edges are golden, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- 3. Spoon 1 generous Tbsp. of topping onto each toasted baguette slice. Garnish with reserved fennel fronds, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note