Easy and delish. It was the first empty bowl on the table!
Caramelized Onion Dip
More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
Chill: 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium-size yellow onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Potato chips
- 1. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until browned and tender. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Remove from heat, and let stand 30 minutes.
- 2. Stir together onions, sour cream, and chives in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and remaining 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cover and chill 30 minutes or up to 2 days. Serve with potato chips.
- Note: Light sour cream may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note