Caramelized Onion Dip
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 onions, thinky sliced
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- sweet potato chips
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add sliced onions. Cook, stirring often, 30 to 40 minutes, or until onions are caramel colored.
- Combine onions, cream cheese, and next 3 ingredients, stirring well. Spoon dip into a lightly greased 1 1/2- to 2-quart casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Serve with sweet potato chips. Makes 4 cups.
Dip can be prepared a day ahead, but do not bake. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caramelized Onion Dip Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Dips/Spreads
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Dips/Spreads