- 4 tablespoons Carlini Exra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 onions, quartered, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Burlwood Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon (optional)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 3/4 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Friendly Farms Sour Cream
- 1 1/4 cups Burman's Mayonnaise
- 5 ounces edenVale Blue Cheese Crumbles, finely crumbled
- 2 9-ounce bags Clancy's Sea Salt/Parmesan or Garlic & Herb Pita Chips
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and caramelize for 20-30 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. If the pan becomes too dry or brown, add 1 tablespoon of water to deglaze the pan. Once they are golden brown, add the wine and cook until reduced. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Combine Italian seasoning, parsley flakes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, sour cream, mayonnaise and blue cheese crumbles in a mixing bowl. Add the onions, stir until well blended.
Serve with pita chips.