This is an excellent recipe for family and guest menu. My only suggestion is to double sauce...it is so good!
Caramelized Onion Chicken
Raspberry jam, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and a couple of seasonings create a rich sauce for the chicken. This recipe is low in fat, easy to whip together, and most of the ingredients can be found in your pantry. If you don't have raspberry jam, red currant, apple, or seedless blackberry jam can stand in for great results. Sautéed green beans make a great side dish for this sweet, spicy onion chicken.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 246
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 26.6g
- Carbohydrate: 28.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 521mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken to pan; sauté 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove onion and chicken from pan.
- Add jam and remaining ingredients to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return chicken mixture to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note