- All-Purpose Light Piecrust dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced Spanish onion (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 3/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground whole nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- calories 293
- fat 16.9 g
- satfat 7 g
- monofat 7.4 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 10 g
- carbohydrate 26.7 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 27 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 705 mg
- calcium 165 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Remove 2 sheets plastic wrap from All-Purpose Light Piecrust. Fit dough, plastic wrap side up, into a 9-inch round tart pan coated with cooking spray. Remove top sheets of plastic wrap. Press dough into bottom and up sides of pan; fold excess crust back in, and press to reinforce sides. Pierce bottom and sides of dough lightly with a fork; freeze 10 minutes. Line bottom of dough with a piece of foil; arrange pie weights or dried beans on foil. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
Remove weights and foil. Brush dough evenly with mustard. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until done. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sugar; reduce heat, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 cup water; cook 25 minutes or until onion is light brown and liquid thickens, adding remaining 1/4 cup water, 1 tablespoon at a time, as necessary. Remove from heat; stir in bacon, parsley, 1 teaspoon pepper, and next 4 ingredients (through nutmeg).
Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds or until butter melts. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, stirring to combine. Combine butter mixture, remaining 3/4 teaspoon pepper, stuffing mix, and broth, stirring until moist.
Sprinkle cooled crust with cheese. Spoon onion mixture over cheese; top with stuffing mixture. Place tart on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cut into wedges.