- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon unsalted ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Cooking spray
- 2 (3/4-ounce) slices Muenster cheese, halved
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- calories 376
- fat 16.8 g
- satfat 5.2 g
- monofat 7.3 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 25 g
- carbohydrate 33 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 64 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 480 mg
- calcium 146 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Divide beef mixture into 4 equal portions, lightly shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes.
Heat a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add oil; swirl. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; cook 12 minutes or until caramelized, stirring occasionally.
Combine mayonnaise, relish, ketchup, and mustard in a small bowl.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 3 minutes. Turn patties over; cook 2 minutes. Top patties with cheese; cook 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness. Divide caramelized onion among bottom halves of buns. Top with patties. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly on top halves of buns. Top burgers with top halves of buns.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.